We know you’ve all heard ‘breakfast is the most important meal of the day’ a million times but we’re going to say it again.
Callum Melly, our resident diet and fitness expert explains why:
“Without the kickstart that a nutritious, balanced meal provides, your body will simply run innefficiently, storing fat instead of burning calories.
“A protein based breakfast, with the right balance of nutrients won’t just kick start your day, it will keep your energy levels high and keep you from snacking on the office cakes by 11am”.
– 3 Large Eggs (231 cals)
– 50g / 4 slices lean ham (45 cals)
– 50g baby plum tomato’s (10 cals)
– 25g baby spinach (6 cals)
– 40g red onions (19 cals)
– salt & pepper
– Take a cupcake baking tray & line teach cup with 2 slices of ham.
– Line the cups with spinach leaves on top of the ham.
– Crack 3 whole eggs into a bowl, add salt and pepper and lightly whisk.
– Add your chopped red onion, baby plum tomato’s to your egg mix and whisk.
– Pour the egg mix into ham/spinach cups.
– Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes at 180 degrees.
For more of Callum’s recipes and a full lifestyle programme visit Bodyin8.co.uk