We welcome submissions from both experienced and new writers.
Thank you for agreeing to share content with Beyond Fabulous. We love to see our contributors work and do our best to ensure we get you the widest audience possible.
To keep things consistent and ensure your piece has the best chance of success, we have a few guidelines about how we like to see content produced
Our audience is primarily 50-plus women. They aren’t swayed by over-hyped beauty phrases, false promises or cheesy slogans. They’re smart, savvy and cynical. They’ve seen it all so be authentic, honest and avoid patronising or using ageing stereotypes. This applies to articles, descriptions, how-tos etc.
We talk about PRO AGE and we promote ‘inclusive ageing’. The idea that women should be free to age on their terms, how they want to and that there is no ‘one size fits all’ way to be an older woman.
A Beyond Fabulous reader is usually 55+ with a high disposable income. She has strong opinions and is passionately family orientated. She is educated, enjoys popular culture and is up-to-date with beauty and fashion trends.
She is health-aware but we NEVER talk about ideal weight or dieting to lose weight outside of opinion pieces.
- Keep pieces to 600-800 words where possible
- Please keep all sentences short. Your opening paragraph on any piece should NEVER be longer than 30 words. Try and reflect this in the rest of the piece. People DO NOT read long sentences online – unless you’re Caitlin Moran
- We don’t swear
- We don’t use hyperbole – it’s not necessary
- When you’ve written a piece go through and check we haven’t used ‘really’, ‘I think’ or ‘For me’. It weakens the phrases
- Keep writing clean and avoid repetition
- Please do a grammar check
- We don’t aggressively sell in our copy
- We prefer links to be included in your bio – please send to us with a headshot sized around 200px by 150px. Make sure to include any social links.
- We’re happy for you to submit images provided you have copyright – which we need you to confirm for us
- Please don’t take another sites content. You may of course use your own content elsewhere but it’s best to let us know that. Please attribute sources
- We will not in all good faith publish any content deemed to be offensive, libellous, or including any kind of hate speech or prejudice
Once you’ve double checked your submission, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org – we will then check your piece and let you know when it’s live.
Don’t forget to share and tag us on @beyondfabulous_jf on Instagram, @BeyondFabulousj on Twitter and @janefelsteadbeyondfabulous on Facebook.
- 50plus fashion
- Popular culture
- Relationships and Dating
Our most popular area is ‘inpsir-age-ional women’. If you’re a 50 plus woman with a story to tell, we want to help you share it.
We do consider reviews for products and services as well as product links. Please email Kirsty@BeyondFabulous.co.uk with your request and we will discuss with Jane as relevant.
We always look for new affiliate relationships. Email Kirsty@BeyondFabulous.co.uk with your affiliate proposal.